Denon AVR-1603, AVR-683 Operating Instruction
Step 3, Step 2, Step 1
Step 3, Step 2, Step 1
(page 9 to 12)
Finally, setting up the system.
Next, insert the batteries into the remote control unit.
2 Speaker system layout
Basic system layout
• The following is an example of the basic layout for a system consisting of six speaker systems and a television
Center speaker system
Front speaker systems
Set these at the sides of the TV or
screen with their front surfaces as
flush with the front of the screen as
Surround speaker systems
6 READ THIS FIRST
This A / V surround Receiver must be setup before use. Following these steps.
(page 5 to 8)
Choose the location to setup the speakers and connecting the components.
7 SETTING UP THE SPEAKER SYSTEMS
• Do not plug in the power cord until all connections
have been completed.
• Be sure to connect the left and right channels
properly (left with left, right with right).
• Insert the plugs securely. Incomplete connections
will result in the generation of noise.
• Use the AC OUTLET for audio equipment only. Do
not use them for hair driers, etc.
• Note that binding pin plug cords together with power
cords or placing them near a power transformer
will result in generating hum or other noise.
• Noise or humming may be generated if a connected
audio equipment is used independently without
turning the power of this unit on. If this happens,
turn on the power of this unit.
Connecting the audio components (1)
Decoders with 6-channel
analog outputs, etc.
Connecting a tape deck
Connections for recording:
Connect the tape deck’s recording input jacks (LINE IN or REC) to this unit’s tape
recording (OUT) jacks using pin plug cords.
Connections for playback:
Connect the tape deck’s playback output jacks (LINE OUT or PB) to this unit’s tape
playback (IN) jacks using pin plug cords.
Tape deck or CD recorder
AC 230 V, 50 Hz
Connecting the AC OUTLET
• SWITCHED (capacity – 100 W)
The power to these outlets is turned on and off in conjunction with the POWER
switch on the main unit, and when the power is switched between on and standby
from the remote control unit.
No power is supplied from these outlets when this unit’s power is at standby. Never
connect equipment whose capacity is above 100 W.
Only use the AC OUTLET for audio equipment. Never use them for hair driers, TVs or
other electrical appliances.
• Analog recording of signals input to the AVR-1603 in digital format is not possible. To record in analog, also
connect the analog signals of the player to the AVR-1603’s analog input terminals.
• The AVR-1603’s OPTICAL OUT terminal is an optical digital output terminal for connection of a CD
recorder, MD recorder or other digital recording device. Use it for digital recording.