Transporting the Printer
If you move your printer some distance, you need to prepare it for transportation in
its original box. Follow these steps:
To avoid damage, always leave the ink cartridges installed
when transporting the printer.
Be sure to remove the tape used in step 4 after installing the
printer in its new location.
1. Turn on the printer and wait until the print head locks in the far right position.
Then turn off the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Then disconnect the printer
cable from the printer.
3. Remove any paper from the printer and remove the paper support.
4. Open the printer cover. Secure the ink cartridge
holder to the printer with tape as shown, then close
the printer cover.
5. Push in the output tray extensions and close the
6. Repack the printer and attachments in the original
box using the protective materials that came with it.
See the unpacking sheet that was packed with your printer.
Be sure to keep the printer level as you transport it. If you notice a decline in print
quality after transporting the printer, clean the print head (see page 48); if output is
misaligned, align the print head (see page 56).
basics.book Page 58 Friday, January 8, 1999 11:57 AM