L i f e B o o k i S e r i e s B I O S
i Series BIOS
BIOS SETUP UTILITY
The BIOS Setup Utility is a program that sets up the
operating environment for your notebook. Your
BIOS is set at the factory for normal operating condi-
tions, therefore there is no need to set or change the
BIOS environment to operate your notebook.
The BIOS Setup Utility configures:
Device control feature parameters, such as changing
I/O addresses and boot devices.
System Data Security feature parameters, such
Entering the BIOS Setup Utility
To enter the BIOS Setup Utility do the following:
1. Turn on or restart your notebook.
2. Press the [F2] key once the Fujitsu logo appears
on the screen. This will open the main menu
of the BIOS Setup Utility with the current
3. Press the [RIGHT ARROW] or [LEFT ARROW] key
to scroll through the other setup menus to review or
alter the current settings.
Navigating Through The Setup Utility
The BIOS setup utility consists of seven menus: Main,
Advanced, Security, Power, Boot, Info, and Exit. This
document explains each menu in turn, including all
submenus and setup items.
The following procedures allow you to navigate the
setup utility menus:
1. To select a menu, use the cursor keys: .
2. To select a field within a menu or a submenu, use the
cursor keys: , .
3. To select the different values for each field, press the
[Spacebar] or [+] to change to the next higher selec-
tion and [F5] or [-] to go to the next lower selection.
4. To activate a submenu press the [Enter] key.
5. To return to a menu from a submenu, press
the [Esc] key.
6. To go to the Exit menu from any other menu,
press the [Esc] key.
7. Pressing the [F9] key resets all items in the BIOS to
the default values.
8. Pressing the [F10] key saves the current configura-
tion and exits the BIOS Setup Utility. You will be
asked to verify this selection before it is executed.
9. Pressing the [F1] key gives you a general help screen.
Entering the Setup Utility After a Configuration
Change or System Failure
If there has been a change in the system configuration
that does not agree with the parameter settings stored
in your BIOS memory, or there is a failure in the system,
the system beeps and/or displays an error message after
the Power On Self Test (POST). If the failure is not
too severe, it will give you the opportunity to modify
the settings of the setup utility, as described in the
1. When you turn on or restart the computer there is
a beep and/or the following message appears on
Error message - please run SETUP
program Press <F1> key to continue,
<F2> to run SETUP
P O I N T
Selecting a field causes a help message about that field
to be displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.
P O I N T
Pressing the Enter key with the highlight on a selection
that is not a submenu or auto selection will cause a list
of all options for that item to be displayed. Pressing the
Enter key again will select the highlighted choice.