Nikon COOLPIX L340 Reference Manual
The camera is equipped with a self-timer that releases the shutter 10 seconds
after you press the shutter-release button.
Set Vibration reduction (
A80) to Off in the setup menu when using a
tripod to stabilize the camera during shooting.
Press the multi selector
Select ON and press the
• If the setting is not applied by pressing the
k button within a few seconds, the
selection will be canceled.
• When the shooting mode is Pet portrait
scene mode, Y (pet portrait auto release)
is displayed (
A25). The self-timer cannot
Frame the picture and press the shutter-release button
• Focus and exposure are set.
Press the shutter-release
button the rest of the way
• Countdown starts. The self-timer
lamp flashes and then glows
steadily about one second before
the shutter is released.
• When the shutter is released, the
self-timer is set to OFF.
• To stop the countdown, press
the shutter-release button again.