SWITCHING TO THE POWER SAVING MODE
• The power saving mode does not work in the following situations:
- When the camcorder has a cable connection. (USB, Component/AV, or HDMI)
- While recording, playing back, or running a slideshow.
- When the LCD screen is opened.
• The camcorder consumes battery power in the power saving mode (about 50% of the power
consumed in the standby mode) However, if you plan to use the camcorder for the maximum
length of time without recharging, we recommend you turn off the camcorder by pressing the
) button when not using it.
basic operation of the camcorder
<When the power is on>
LCD screen is closed
LCD screen is open
After 20 minutes
00:00:04 / 00:00:49
If you need to use the camcorder for an extended time, the following functions enable you to
prevent unnecessary energy consumption.
In STBY mode:
• The camcorder switches to "Quick On STBY" mode when you close the LCD screen.
In Playback mode (Includes the thumbnail view mode):
• The camcorder switches to the sleep mode when you close the LCD screen, and then, if idle
for more than 20 minutes, the camcorder turns off.
However, if you set Auto Power Off to 5 Min, the camcorder turns off in 5 minutes.
• If you open the LCD screen or connect a cable to the camcorder when the camcorder is in
sleep mode, the camcorder exits sleep mode and returns to the last active operation.