• “60p” indicates the camcorder will record in progressive scan mode at 60 frames per second.
• “60i” indicates the camcorder will record in interlaced scan mode at 60 ﬁelds per second.
• “30p” indicates the camcorder will record in progressive scan mode at 30 frames per second.
• Recorded ﬁles are encoded with Variable BitRate (VBR). VBR is an encoding system that
automatically adjusts the bitrate according to the recording image.
• The available video recording time differs according to the video resolution you select.
• The camcorder takes photos at 10 mega pixels. When you set the resolution to 12M, the
camcorder up-scales the photos you take to 12 mega pixels.
Touch the Menu (
) tab “Resolution.”
Touch a desired submenu item.
To exit the menu, touch the Exit ( ) or Return (
You can select the resolution of the video to be recorded.
Select Video (
) or Photo (
) mode by pressing the MODE button. page 49
Resolution submenu in the Video Record mode
• 1080/60p (
): Records in the HD (1920x1080/60p) format.
• 1080/60i (
): Records in the HD (1920x1080/60i) format.
• 1080/30p (
): Records in the HD (1920x1080/30p) format.
• 720+480/30p (
): Records both in the HD (1280x720/30p) and SD (720x480/30p) formats.
• 720/60p (
): Records in the HD (1280x720/60p) format.
• 720/30p (
): Records in the HD (1280x720/30p) format.
• 480/60p (
): Records in the SD (720x480/60p) format.
• Web & Mobile (
): Records videos in the VGA (640x480/30p) resolution at Normal image quality.
This setting makes videos easier to upload to a web site without down-sizing via a compression
program. Also, this may be the best option for viewing on mobile devices.
Resolution submenu in the Photo Record mode
), 9M (3456x2592)(
), 6M (3328x1872)(
), 5M (2592x1944)(
), VGA (640x480)(
1 / 7