Face Detection submenu in the Video Record mode
• Off: Disables the function.
• On ( ): Records under the optimal condition by detecting
Touch the Menu (
) tab “Face Detection.”
Touch a desired submenu item.
To exit the menu, touch the Exit ( ) or Return (
Your camcorder can detect a subject’s face and automatically adjust brightness, focus, and image quality to
the optimal settings. Face Detection record faces more vividly.
Select the Video (
) or Photo (
) mode by pressing the MODE button. page 49
Face Detection submenu in the Photo Record mode
• Off, Normal, Smile Shot, Smart Recognition, Face List, My Star
Taking photos with Normal face detection
4 / 7
The camcorder can detect up to 12 faces and set the focus and exposure
In the submenu items, touch “Normal.”
• The closer the subject, the quicker the camcorder detects the face.
• To change the focus to a face in a single frame, touch the face.
A double frame icon
appears on a face
centered on the LCD
screen. On other
faces not centered,
a single frame icon
4 / 7
1 / 2
• The Face Detection feature will not work if you frame the side of a person’s face or if
there is not enough light. You must be facing subjects “head-on” and they must be well lit.
• If a memory card is not inserted, some Face Detection menu items may appear dimmed.